Is hepatitis curable? which? how?
Is hepatitis curable? which? how?
Therer are several hepatitis viruses including:
1. Hepatitis A - A vaccine is available. For best protection, you need two shots of the vaccine. The mildest of all hepatitis viruses. Greater than 90% of people who contract the virus eventually are cured (i.e. the body fights and kills off the virus). Only about 1% of those infected go on to develop chronic hepatitis (i.e. virus remains in the body)
2. Hepatitis B - A vaccine is available. For best protection, people need to take 3 shots of the vaccine. Approximately, 80% of those infected are cured. The remaining 20% develop chronic hepatitis and ultimately die from the disease.
3. Hepatitis C - No vaccine is available. It is one of the most deadly viruses. Approximately, 20% of those infected are cured. The remaining 80% go on to develop chronic hepatitis and die from the disease.
4. Hepatitis D - No vaccine is available. Extremely rare. By itself, the virus is harmless. However, if a person is infected with both hepatitis D and hepatitis E then it is lethal. Almost without exception, those infected all die from the disease within 5 years.
5. Hepatitis E - No vaccine is available. Extremely rare. Incredible deadly. By itself, those infected will never be cured of it and all will go on to develop chronic hepatitis and die from the disease within 5 years.
no sorry it is a virus with no cure
I had hepitus in 1985, it is all gone.
no... the virus only goes into latency. there are vaccines for hep A and B if you don't have the virus, but once you do, there's nothing you can do to get rid of it. hep C is the most dangerous. it lies dormant in your body and may or may not wreak any havoc. once it does, however, most people die.
most of the hepatitis si curable but it takes a long time and a lot of money of course. it depends on which type you have. They do have some meds that do work for some people.I had two friends that just went thru that. There is meds. and it does take time figure on a year
The hepatitis C virus (HCV) is one of the most important causes of chronic liver disease in the United States. It accounts for about 15 percent of acute viral hepatitis, 60 to 70 percent of chronic hepatitis, and up to 50 percent of cirrhosis, end stage-liver disease, and liver cancer.
Treatment therapy for chronic hepatitis C has evolved steadily since alpha interferon was first approved for use in this disease more than 10 years ago. At the present time, the optimal regimen appears to be a 24-or 48-week course of the combination of pegylated alpha interferon and fibavirin.
hep a, with a gammoglobulin shot. after you are sick as a dog you will be immune to it,
|Lung Cancer Lupus Health Insurance Heart Disease Hepatitis High Blood Pressure HIV Homeopathy HPV Hypnosis|
Hep A and Hep B are. Hep C isn't...
Doctors usually do not subscribe meds to those with hepatitis B because they can affect the liver even more. Usually the doctor will tell the infected individual to get a lot of rest. Based ...
Transmission occurs when blood from an infected person enters the body of a person who is not infected. HCV is spread through sharing needles or "works" when "shooting"...
Both answers are correct. You can get Hepatitis C by either blood contact or sexually transmitted. Since Hepatitis affects the liver, you should avoid alcohol or tylenol products. There a...
No, not in any way shape or form....
I've had hep c for over 20 yrs.My liver is fine and all my counts are normal.The only chance of riding the body is treatment but that is suppose to be horrible and theres only a 30% chan...
NO. Blood to blood. Sex. IV drugs. Tatoos...etc....
No. Mosquito-born diseases are: Encephalitis Malaria Dengue fever Rift Valley fever Yellow fever Source(s): ...
Health Categories--Copyright/IP Policy--Contact Webmaster
The information on whfhhc.com is provided for educational and informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.